At a staff Meeting on Tuesday, August 21st, my coworkers and I were asked to come up with a goal to achieve by Tuesday, September 25th. Since I’ve been wanting to play games more often, I decided on this goal: play games twenty times by the deadline.
This goal was too easy. I was able to achieve this goal in just two weeks. This was mainly due to playing games such as Hive, Dixit and Dominion multiple times each. So, I slightly altered my goal: play twenty different games by the deadline.
It is Thursday, September 20th, and I have played nineteen different games since Tuesday, August 21st. As you can see, this version of the goal has also been easy to accomplish. Right now I am deciding which game will be #20. I think I am going to go with Go…
For those who are interested, here is the list:
- Zombie Fluxx
A couple of notes on the matches of these games:
- I should not play Havannah with Parker again. Not unless I study it thoroughly before challenging him.
- Though I lost at Bananagrams, I was very proud of what I had achieved by the end of the game. I had both Zs and both Xs, along with Vs, Qs and Js. I also had a severe lack of vowels. At one point, I destroyed a quarter of my board and began working with four vowels and at least twelve consonants. When I lost to Parker, I was down to only four loose letters.
- My friend Autumn is a master of Rummy. I have only played this card game with her a few times in my life, and each time she has beaten me by at least 100 points.
- Everyone loves Dixit. I played this game with a couple of people who had previously expressed their disinterest in board games. Not only do they like Dixit, but they even won the rounds that they played.
- Zombie Fluxx: the zombies won…
- I am quickly becoming obsessed with Dominion. I must find more people who will play this game with me!
♣ ♣ ♣
Friday, September 21st
Game #20: Entropy
As you know, I had planned to make my last game of the list Go. However, Parker was actually in the mood to play Entropy (this hasn’t happened in a long time), so we played a game on a 5×5 grid. This was the closest game of Entropy that Parker and I have ever played.
Parker: 56 points
Megan: 57 points
I am very happy to have finished my goal with a win – especially a win in a very close game.